VOTEC Corporation is firmly committed to making its Website in both structure and content, accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
As a result, we are dedicated to follow the guidelines established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and conform to the WCAG 2.0 level Double-A standards and the legislative requirements provided by the Federal Government’s Section 508 standards. We also pay attention to the ongoing research and findings of the web development accessibility community. As part of our commitment, each new web page or application is reviewed and evaluated utilizing not only automated validation resources, but also human testing by visually impaired users prior to its release.
Several of the features for disabled users are described below:
• Incorporated CSS to control our website’s style and layout.
• Included a special menu panel, accessible via an readily-recognizable icon button, for visually impaired users to change characteristics of the site in order to aid visual perception by increasing contrast, font size etc.
• We have supplied all of our site’s images with Alt tags, short descriptions of the image, which aid users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site.
• Integrated ‘skip to’ links provide users with a method for bypassing the header and main navigation links and going directly to the main content of that page each time it is accessed.
• We have implemented the use of headings, lists and website structure in a consistent manner.
• Using hypertext links that make sense when read out of context rather than utilizing broad language such as “click here.”
VOTEC welcomes comments on how to make our website more accessible to individuals living with a disability. If you are using assistive technology and the format of any of the material presented on our website interferes with your ability to access the desired information, please contact VOTEC immediately via email at: email@example.com or call 1-800-348-6832. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the desired format in which you would prefer to receive the material, the web address of the requested material and your contact information.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1:
Section 508: GSA Government-wide IT Accessibility Program: