VOTEC Corporation values its team members and nurtures long-term employment with our company. VOTEC’s Voter Management, Data Management and Asset Management technology solutions are mission-critical to the support of the successful, secure and accessible conduct of U.S. elections, so continuity of support to our customers is essential.
VOTEC supports this continuity with good benefits, competitive pay, remote office flexibility, and an enthusiastic team environment focused on customer service. Our team members enjoy working in support of democracy, the challenge of meeting deadlines, and the time in between those deadlines to look for development challenges and opportunities to continually improve VOTEC’s election technology solutions.
VOTEC is headquartered in San Diego, California with employees based strategically throughout the country in support of our nationwide customer base.
We are continually looking for new team members as our company expands. If you enjoy elections, have expertise in election technology solutions and election administration, and are innovative and customer service oriented with a positive attitude, we would like to hear from you.
On the development side of our business, VOTEC values a combination of program language fluency and the readiness to attack device-related issues such as wireless connectivity, computer camera management, and domain knowledge in areas such as RFID and GIS. Security and usability expertise are also a must for our team members.
If you believe you would be a good fit for the VOTEC team and are interested in exploring opportunities with VOTEC, please send your cover letter, resume, and your area of interest to us at: email@example.com.
Also, from time to time, specific open positions will be posted below, so please bookmark this page and visit regularly.
Software Sales Specialist
The Software Sales Specialist works primarily on the road and from a home office when he/she is not on business travel. This Sales Specialist is responsible for creating news sales with prospects and existing clients in targeted areas in the US. This role is a single contributor and does not directly manage people and will report directly to the VOTEC CEO.
▪ Use insight and consultative selling techniques to create interest that offers unique solutions on their operations, which link back to VOTEC’s solutions
▪ Assist in formal responses to procurement opportunities
▪ Prospect new opportunities through networking, cold calling and other lead generation techniques
▪ Effectively demonstrate and discuss product features and benefits
▪ Frequent travel to attend meetings, trade shows and demonstrations
▪ Ability to communicate effectively with software engineers and review customer tickets to satisfy customer expectations
▪ Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
▪ Ability to tailor communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations to all levels of county or state government, and strong oral/written communication skills
▪ Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal/external clients to help encourage innovation in product performance and development
▪ Independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision; Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple opportunities concurrently
▪ Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
▪ Four-year college degree preferred
▪ Knowledge of the Election industry and the use of election technology. Five years of demonstrated success selling complex software solutions (SaaS preferred). Experience selling custom software in a government environment is preferred. Preferred 5+ years’ field sales experience and 1+ years election industry experience
▪ Knowledge of software applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
▪ Willingness and ability to travel typically 60-70% of the time and flex to periods of 85%travel on occasion
▪ Public sector experience a significant plus
▪ Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
▪ Ability to articulate past success closing business in high-tech or government
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: John Medcalf, VOTEC CEO firstname.lastname@example.org